Rotorua motorists using Te Ngae Rd can expect delays for the next week due to multiple road work sites between Sala St and Isles Rd.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is asking drivers to be patient and obey temporary speed limits while the work is being carried out with most of the disruptive work being done at night.
An NZTA spokesperson says motorists may experience minor delays as a result of these works, which are part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
However, the most disruptive work will be done at night to reduce the impact on motorists, while other work will require traffic management during the day.
Waka Kotahi reminds motorists to take extra care when travelling through worksites and to adhere to the posted speed limit.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the shoulder closure outside Repco. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
Lane or shoulder closures
• State Highway 30, Sala Street – eastbound traffic will be down to one lane on SH30 at Sala Street from Monday 29 June to Friday 3 July between 9am and 3pm.
Contractors will be creating a service trench in the road shoulder between Marguerita Street and the Puarenga Stream Bridge. Minor delays are expected.
• State Highway 30, Hamiora Place – minor delays are expected on SH30 eastbound near Hamiora Place from Monday 29 June to Friday 3 July between 7.30pm and 5pm.
Contractors will be creating a service trench in the road shoulder between Waste Management (228-234 Te Ngae Road) and Hamiora Place. Minor delays are expected.
• State Highway 30, Allen Mills Road – minor delays are expected on SH30 eastbound between Repco and Allen Mills Road on the morning of Friday 3 July. Work will take place before 7.30am to place traffic barriers on the road, ahead of utility service work taking place.
The road will be down to one lane after the Tarawera roundabout for a few hours while the installation of the utility services occurs.
• State Highway 30, Repco area – A shoulder closure will be in place whilst stormwater works take place outside Repco. Work will be taking place Monday to Friday between 7:30am and 5pm.
• State Highway 30, Sala Street opposite Carters – Traffic on Sala Street can expect minor delays on Monday 29 June as work to complete the stormwater crossing is completed.
Subscribe to our daily Newsletter